Vend or Square: POS Apps Offer Many Benefits and Features Brick and Mortar Companies Can Use.
All companies – be it online or brick-and-mortar – want to be successful. And, for success to be had, they need to use tools that will help them to become that. When it comes to a brick and mortar company, the kind of Point of Sale system it uses can make all the difference. It's a company’s Point of Sale system that is considered the most important and valuable tool of all tools.
The right kind of POS ensures a business can save themselves time and money while also making sure their customers/clients are happy with all transactions.
And, with Christmas just a little more than a month away, it’s important for all companies to have the tools they need to ensure a smooth holiday season. If your goal is to have a successful upcoming holiday shopping season, you need to consider two worthwhile POS apps for your company.
Square or Vend: Which App Is Right For Your Company?
In order to understand the difference between the two POS apps, it’s important to know their commonalities:
- Vend and Square have an easy-to-use interface.
- They can be used online or offline, allowing retailers to carry out business as usual when they’re not connected to the ‘Net.
- They can be used in conjunction with programs like Shopify, Xero, etc.
- It’s easy to download and setup, to add in customer data and include a product catalog.
- Both apps will accept debit and credit cards.
A Look At Square’s Benefits
- The great thing about Square is that it’s free. There are no monthly or upfront payments to access the app’s features.
- It has a basic reporting system that can easily be accessed.
- The app is geared toward the hospitality industry, with an interactive recipe and ingredient management feature and kitchen display.
- It’s ideal for cafes, food trucks, market stalls, restaurants, retail stores and trade shows.
A Look At Vend’s Benefits
- Vend offers third-party integrations as well as on-ground support for Australian residents.
- The app is useful for retailers with multi-store feature and omni-channel support.
- It has state-of-the-art pricing and discount capabilities and includes a built-in loyalty and gift cards program feature.
- Vend is a complete, easy-to-use reporting system
- The cost to use Vend begins at $79 a month and increases to $289 a month.
- The app is useful for bigger franchises as well as retailers, restaurants and cafes.
How To Set Up Your Point Of Sale Device
As you see, both apps have some worthwhile features you can consider. Both have their pros and cons, and only you can decide which one is right for you. Once you do that, you need to think about how you’ll set up your iPad/tablet on the counter. What are some design features of your POS?
- Will your customers need to type in their information? If yes, click here.
- Are you looking to secure your tablet to the counter to keep thieves from stealing your devices? If yes, click here.
- Where is the tablet going to be located on the counter? Will you be needing a wall mounted display, counter display or a floor standing display?